Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years ago my dad spotted something in a field. Turned out this poor guy was hit by a vehicle. There was a road-killed deer nearby he must have been feeding on.

What a beautiful bird... There's a lot in the area these days. We had him picked up by someone who tried to take care of him and his wounds, but unfortunately he didn't make it.

· Registered
2,932 Posts
thepatriot said:
I save all our deer fat and grizzle trimmings. In April I put them on LOTW. It's eagle insanity. Up to 13 of them competeing for the scarps. Balds and Goldens. A sight to behold
Did you get any photos? :pictures:

· Registered
193 Posts
I have not seen a golden eagle in a long time, but I am seeing more bald eagles than I used to, hope the trend continues.
A few years ago I was hunting in Spruce Woods, and a huge hawk appeared beside me. He jumped up on a stump about 5 feet away, and sat there with me for about 2 hours. When I left, I slowly approached him, and could just about touch him before he would jump away. I think he could not fly, he just kept walking around. I hope he made it, he sure made my hunting trip!

· Registered
103 Posts
In early season moose hunting last yr me and my partner went back to gut tile of moose I shot to range find the shot distance. Had to been well over a dozen eagles there in trees, ground etc. they were all takin turns eatin away. Very impressive sight. Buddy was pretty intimidated standin on shore with these huge eagles in the trees staring down at him like a piece of meat.

· Registered
45 Posts
Tailhunter said:
I have not seen a golden eagle in a long time, but I am seeing more bald eagles than I used to, hope the trend continues.
We have a pair of Golden Eagles nesting close to our cottage in the Whiteshell & 2 pair of Bald's nesting in one the back lakes we portage in to. Have watched the Red Winged Blackbirds attacking the Eagles when they get too close. That is very cool & funny to watch! :D

· Registered
587 Posts
A few years back saw a pair of golden eagles attemp to take down a fawn. They knocked it down but it made it into the thick brush before they could finish the job. I thought I was dreaming but back at camp my hunting partner had seen the same thing at at opposite end of the mile section. Unreal the power those birds have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.