Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever try this "technique" for skinning an animal?

[BBvideo 425,350:22otllcl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJr5wkfmbvM[/BBvideo:22otllcl]

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey nice way to turn a coyote into a Timber Wolf. I think some guys on the fishing forum do this to their fish then take the picture. LOL

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Growing up we had neighbors with an ostrich farm, we had to put a couple of those big birds down over the years and the only way to skin them was to make a small incision in the scaly part of the leg and pump them full of air... I few well placed cuts and about ten minutes of work and the big birds were perfectly skinned out... The hides at the time were worth big $$$ so we couldn't make holes in them... I haven't tried it on "dogs" yet but plan on it, as it can be painstaking!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
It would be nice to see the inside of that hide. I wonder if it still needs a bunch of fleshing or not. Even if it still needs it that is a heck of a timesaver. I imagine you might have problems if you have big bullet holes.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Tailhunter said:
Should try this on a deer.
It would probably work, providing it wasn't gutted... Ever see the "how to skin a deer" vids on youtube??? the golf ball and tennis ball ones are cool....

·
Registered
193 Posts
[/quote]It would probably work, providing it wasn't gutted... Ever see the "how to skin a deer" vids on youtube??? the golf ball and tennis ball ones are cool....[/quote]

My uncle and his son in laws skin their deer that way now, lol. I still like working on the deer in my garage with a nice stiff celebratory drink. :D

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
It would probably work, providing it wasn't gutted... Ever see the "how to skin a deer" vids on youtube??? the golf ball and tennis ball ones are cool....[/quote]

My uncle and his son in laws skin their deer that way now, lol. I still like working on the deer in my garage with a nice stiff celebratory drink. :D[/quote]

yeah me too, Its nice to be able to sit back and relax and take the time to finish what you started so to speak!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts