Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Tried the blindsides this year and went back to the blackcloud's BBB for Canada's . Still have 3 boxes of the Winchester dryloc's BBB that I stumbled across in the basement which used to be a common shell used in our group.

·
Registered
125 Posts
if money isnt an issue, Ive had good results with hyper sonics in BB, the 2's havnt had the same luck for some reason

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
CDNSPORTSMAN said:
Which BC there are several loads? thiking of trying them on Wednesday?
What gauge and chamber length are you shooting? What will you be hunting....ducks...big, medium, or small? Geese?.....snows or Canadian. Pass shooting, or decoy...Field or over water?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Been shooting the Black Cloud Duck loads, 3" #3 shot in the darker grey/ black box, and am liking them a lot. Ducks have been dropping stone dead on passing shots. Even dropped a few honkers at a pretty good range.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Re: About 1 month in! any shell thoughts???

CDNSPORTSMAN said:
3" pass mostly, some over small water on flooded fields Ducks to Geese basically Netley off the big water.
Have someTungstenn, Kent 2 and 4's choked full mod so bigger then #2 a no no.
First of all, because of the unique wad used by Black Cloud, it's recommended that no choke tighter than medium be used for best patterns. Number 4 can be used to great effect of quacker, and 2s on honkers in your shotgun. I'd let the geese get in real close though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm hopping they will do 45 yrd not much flying lower when pass shooting Geese, ducks been getting in 20 to 30 but over water and that makes for a no shoot for me...
got some BC snowgoose load today to try a buddy liked them, and some BC HV 1645 fps 2&4's
tomorrow I hope will be a good day....

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
ChaD? said:
Im gonna buy a box of Black clouds for next weekend It looks like
Just remember don't use a tight choke with them...modified, or improved modified, or improved ...pattern them before you go out. The have a unique wad that holds onto the shot for a greater distance than other shells. A full choke will separate the wad from the shot too soon, and crappy patterns will result.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Apart from goose and duck shooting, i have found not all chokes are made the same. My browning bps with a mod. I can shoulder and hit 7 outta 10 air shots on ruffies. I just bot a syn benelli nova and love the gun but i have yet to take one from the air..... its like its shooting blanks. (mod choke)..... i really think that gun needs the full choke for lead. I haven't shot it on actual paper yet but i do think the chokes are off thin.....

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
ihunttoomuch said:
Apart from goose and duck shooting, i have found not all chokes are made the same. My browning bps with a mod. I can shoulder and hit 7 outta 10 air shots on ruffies. I just bot a syn benelli nova and love the gun but i have yet to take one from the air..... its like its shooting blanks. (mod choke)..... i really think that gun needs the full choke for lead. I haven't shot it on actual paper yet but i do think the chokes are off thin.....
Something else that could be contributing to your problem is the difference in stock dimensions between the Benelli and the Browning...length of pull, height of comb, drop, etc. A long time ago I bought a beautiful used Charles Daily Double Barrel...but, I couldn't hit a thing with it...it just didn't fit me like my cherished Ithaca Mod. 37. With shotguns, fit is everything.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Riggs said:
ihunttoomuch said:
Something else that could be contributing to your problem is the difference in stock dimensions between the Benelli and the Browning...length of pull, height of comb, drop, etc. A long time ago I bought a beautiful used Charles Daily Double Barrel...but, I couldn't hit a thing with it...it just didn't fit me like my cherished Ithaca Mod. 37. With shotguns, fit is everything.
X2

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hear you Ihunttoomuch - you've got to pattern those guns before you go out though!!

My auto5 shoots dead straight down the barrel.

My 870 shoots lower than that, so my site-picture has a lot more barrel in it.

In regards to Rigg's contribution, I know that those two guns are very different in both length of pull, and height of comb - never thought of it that way...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I ran out of 2's and BB's this year and had a goose hunt planned and no stores were open so I used Xpert #4's for my goose hunt. I couldn't believe how well the #4's worked on decoying geese. Better than the Xpert 2's and BB's.

This time of year (later) birds have been shot at a fair bit so I would recommend a better quality shot than the Xperts.

Most of my hunting is done where there isn't any issue with birds being real spooky so I stick with the Xperts however the best load I have found for sky busting or pass shooting honkers is Remington Hypersonic #2 with a Briley improved Modified extended choke tube out of my SX3.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts