Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I are looking to do a moose hunt in 21a this fall. I don't know anything about the area and am wondering if anyone on here has hunted moose up there or spent much time in that area that would like to share some pointers. Am going to bring the quad up there soon and start looking at areas but don't even know where to start. Any info would be appreciated!

·
Registered
389 Posts
21A has moose. Very little easy access. The best moose area's require helicopter or some kind of amphibious vehicle. Used to fly over 21A all the time for work. Could not believe the wet area's that you would see the moose in. Very boggy. Not fit for human travel on foot or quad. If you do have the right equipment and want to put in the time and effort, you can be very successful there. Not the place for the weekend hunter. Maybe with our last couple of dry summer's access might be better.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Crawling with hunters in the easy access areas. I have my eye in 21a as well but for next year. Access is the challenge and so would getting a moose out if youre hunting off the beaten path. If there's a quad trail I think there will be traffic on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts