Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went looking for a new toy today and wound up bringing home a SA-08 Weatherby 20ga semi auto... So far I like it although I only have about 15 rounds through it... Its super light easy on the shoulder and points very nicely... Its going to be my chicken gun... I will post some pics in a couple days...

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Man, I almost pulled the trigger on that same gun but got a nice O/U instead. Thinking of the same one in a 12 now that my 12 O/U sold.....

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its nice and reasonably priced too!!! I looked at a beautiful CZ O/U when I bought the weatherby, but it was too nice to drag through the bush after chickens!!!!

The SA-08 comes with two gas pistons for light and heavy loads, I tried the heavy load one with 7/8oz #8 shot and it was a no go, but with 7/8oz #6 it functioned flawlessly... Also its very light which kinda scared me but it doesn't punish the shoulder and is a dream to shoot... also comes with stock shims to lengthen the length of pull....

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
There really won't be any decent grouse hunting for another month. It's way too warm and green yet.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Surprising the Poplars are starting to yellow up here... But I agree It'll be another month or a couple frosts before it gets good!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
just bought a stoeger uplander 20 gauge and a beutiful beretta both for chickens :D hopefully i can beat my grouse hunt last year landing 12 grouse between my dad and i

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
A lot of the trees have turned color from being stressed with the heat and dryness.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice!!! Let me know how it works!!! So far so good with the 20ga, I can't wait to go flush a couple grouse with mine!!! Did you get the wood stock or the synthetic???

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Synthetic, same as yours. As much as I like nice wood on a firearm I dislike the care it needs to keep it nice. Other than a very old Parker 20g SXS and an old Vostok 22 all my stuff is synthetic now.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Patty said:
Its nice and reasonably priced too!!! I looked at a beautiful CZ O/U when I bought the weatherby, but it was too nice to drag through the bush after chickens!!!!

quote]

Where did you see th CZ? Was it a 20 also?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts