Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have heard from a few sources that there will only be 1 deer per guy this year over all 3 seasons. archery, muzzle and general rifle is this true?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i have heard from a few sources that there will only be 1 deer per guy this year over all 3 seasons. archery, muzzle and general rifle is this true?

·
Registered
355 Posts
It was that way in some areas already last year. And from most reports I've heard last year wasn't great for numbers so it wouldn't surprise me if it spread into other areas

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can see it happening in some areas, but there are areas closer to the city that i hunt which have an abundance of deer and one deer per person won't help with the over population in those areas.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I heard that as well, wouldn't surprise me from some of the reports of low populations in certain areas. If it helps in the long term I'd be all for it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Fine by me, just keep lettin em go til i find THE ONE :eek:
Much like THE LUNKER that eluded me this winter, again. :cry:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know but what if you tag out in September i would go nuts in October and November i don't want to go just kill deer but i would like to hunt all 3 seasons and i hunt private land with lots of deer and have too many does so i hope my area stays open but i understand how lucky i am to be in that position.

·
Registered
123 Posts
get your deer out of the way in September and hit the water in October and November for some monster walleyes....or if you have to be in the bush, shoot them with the camera

·
Registered
869 Posts
If we can only take one deer in my area this year I'm going to lose my mind o_O I always like getting one in muzzle then looking for an upgrade in rifle :(

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
highlandglen guide said:
offshoreonly said:
Does predator hunting include hunting other hunters? :?: if so I'm in.....it will be ones less person to steal my pop-up blind.....
If it could only be so easy! Lol
Some years back, one of my managers wanted to have a motivational/team building day for the staff and asked what I thought about paint ball games. I said I thought it was a great idea, but only if we could use live ammo. End of discussion. :lol:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just get rid of antlerless tags, just think how many animals you take out of the herd by killing one younger doe! Our Deer herd has been on the decline for a number of years now and the province is increasing antlerless tags and lengthening seasons? And their next move will be drastic! Season closures, unlike the USA we have never had a over population of whitetails, we have predators that prevent that from happening.

Bottom line: DONT SHOOT DOES!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have Does coming out of my butt on my place not a bad problem to have though i guess

·
Registered
869 Posts
I think it should be dependant on the areas....because if you look at areas like Starbuck and Kilarny I think there is def enough does to shoot.

·
Registered
288 Posts
brettwilby said:
i have Does coming out of my butt on my place not a bad problem to have though i guess
That must cause some bleeding, LOL. From what I have heard and experience the overall population is down, and I think a better idea is to take away doe tags instead of having only one deer per person! Kill one doe and your killing much more than one deer!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts